Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reading Option 3

Shutter:1/4000
F:4.5
Iso-400
Today I focused on specular highlights and macro photography. A specular highlight is an out of focus source of light, almost circular or hexagonal in shape. I used an aperture of 4.5, as low as I could go for the lens, to get the balls of light in the black of the rock and a quick shutter speed to catch the ant crisply and clearly in the vibrant orange. I love the orange and black because that shade of orange is rare where I come from(MN) for a lichen color and it really pops out in contrast to the black. *Orange and black were my high school colors too, I'm a little bias* I've found that I really enjoy macro photography and the amazing patterns you can get in the background of a macro image. When shooting up close, there are many options for a background. Any slight turn of the camera can get a completely different color or texture behind what your shooting and it makes shooting macro a challenging and rewarding experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment